Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review: Zevia

A little about Zevia taken from their website:

Why do we do what we do?

The Z team is made up of soda-loving people. We grew up drinking classic soda flavors, and turned away from them for health reasons. So making naturally delicious, healthy versions of the familiar favorites we grew up with, without sugar, is our top priority. We make soda the way it should always have been.
For me, the Zevia story started with my conversion from a “sugar junkie” to a stevia fan. About 11 years ago, I quit sugar cold turkey in an effort to upgrade my health. I thought I was a health-conscious person – I exercised frequently, consumed meat in moderation, and consumed natural and organic products whenever possible. But when I really looked at my diet, I found I was consuming up to 250 grams of sugar per day, between protein shakes, energy bars, juice-based spritzers and other foods and beverages. That’s about 1,000 calories a day, just from sugars.
My wife and I decided we needed to make a change. We began using stevia as a sweetener, and to this day, my family uses only stevia in our household. Stevia has given us an alternative without negative side effects, and has kept us from feeling deprived in our sugar-free lifestyle. It’s had a tremendous impact on how we feel every day, and I’m confident it’s benefitting our long-term health. Read More..

3 Monkeys Thoughts:

When I first got my soda I was giving the Grapefruit Citrus. My kids loved the taste, they were drinking them so fast I really didn't even get the chance to taste any. They talked about them for day and bugged me until I found a store that sold them. I brought them some soda they drank them just as fast it so funny. I never thought my kids would like diet soda but I guess anything can happen.
Here is a little about each one of the flavors I tried out.

Zevia Grapefruit Citrus is the magician of the Zevia flavors. Don’t believe us? Bring a six-pack to your next party and watch it disappear. Some say that Zevia Grapefruit Citrus is the most refreshing of all the Zevia flavors. All would say that the perfectly balanced ruby red grapefruit taste with a punch of lemon and lime will create a sparkly sensation in your mouth. You may give Grapefruit Citrus a try because of its colorful exterior and refreshing name, but it’s the feeling you get when drinking it that will have you coming back for more. That, and the fact that’s it’s actually a healthy diet soda.

2 comments:

  1. Wow- yum, I will have to definitly give these a try! They sound great! I found your blog through the "Mingle With Us" Blog Hop, and have enjoyed it. I'm a new follower.... Have a great Thursday!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so yummy! I must try them! Thanks for the info!

    Lisa

    P.S. Thanks for linking to the GTKY blog hop!

    ReplyDelete